Scientific Anglers newly designed tippet features 9% more material per spool than competitors, free wheeling hub allows spool to spin freely, and color coded to the tippet material type. UV inhibitors help protect tippet from UV rays and each spool come with a built in razor to cut material.
Scientific Anglers is pleased to announce it's redesigned tippet spool and updated label graphics.
We have upped the ante at Scientific Anglers by giving you more of our award winning material than the competition. Each spool will include 30 meters of material which is approximately 9% more than our competitors.
• An independent, free wheeling hub that allows the tippet spool to spin freely when joined together. The hub can be retracted to become flush with the spool body when used alone, or with other tippet spools on the market.
• Each of the spools are color coded to correspond to the tippet material type. Green for freshwater nylon, blue for saltwater hard mono, and orange for fluorocarbon.
• The spools are also molded with UV inhibitors to help protect the tippet from degenerating UV rays.
• Built into the spool rim is a razor to cut the material right where you want it.
• The tippet material is managed by a color coded tippet retainer band that also has the size of the material printed on it.
• Water resistant label to prevent cracking and peeling.
AVERAGE BREAK STRENGTH:
7X Freshwater Tippet 2.7lb/1.2kg
6X Freshwater Tippet 3.7lb/1.6kg
5X Freshwater Tippet 4.8lb/2.1kg
4X Freshwater Tippet 6.8lb/3.0kg
3X Freshwater Tippet 8.8lb/4.0kg
2X Freshwater Tippet 10.5lb/4.7kg
1X Freshwater Tippet 12.8lb/5.8kg
0X Freshwater Tippet 14.9lb/6.7kg